Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Tale Of Two Tombstones.....

For some time now, Steelhead has tried to keep friendly negotiations with a town called Tombstone. Turns out, there's actually two towns on the Grid with this name. Each owned by someone who couldn't stand the other. The Tombstone we had done business with.....well, there was too much drama there. Also, I had heard complaints from Steelhead citizens in regards to how they were treated there.

The other Tombstone was only spoke of in hushed whispers around Steelhead, mostly due to what the previous Tombstone had said about it. However, on a whim, I decided to hope on my airship and fly to this Tombstone. I was very impressed with the town, itself. Didn't meet too many citizens on that day. I then sent a telegram to TotalLunar Eclipse, and he quickly came to Tombstone to look around as well.

Turns out that this Tombstone is under new management. One of the new owners, Lunar had met at one time, already. Lunar quickly helped out the new owner with advice. We mentioned our alliance with The Independent State of Caledon, something they were wanting to have as well. And we offered the branch of friendship to this Tombstone, inviting them to our event this coming Friday.

We're hoping this alliance is much better than with the previous Tombstone. Plan on offering any help to them that we can. Even planning on, like we're doing with Caledon, sending an ambassador over to represent Steelhead, and yes, we've already got a candidate in mind.

All in all, this little trip was well worth it.

4 comments:

Edward Pearse said...

I had always heard about the *other* Tombstone. I should grab an LM from you and take a look.

Is it just me or do Western flavoured sims seem to attract a higher proportion of drama than normal?

Fuzzball Ortega said...

With luck, you should be meeting residents of the "other" Tombstone, now referred to Allied Tombstone amongst members of Steelhead management, at the events. I sent a telegram to Wraith Seryduk, one of the owners, inviting him.

As for the drama....dunno. I will say that changes are being made in Steelhead to, hopefully, bring it to a minimum in our city.

Christine McAllister Pearse said...

I thought they were now to be known as the "Nice Ass" Tombstone as opposed to the "Fake Ass" Tombstone that we were told they were by the former owner of the "Real Ass" Tombstone. *re-reads that last sentence and then pours herself a brandy* At any rate, I look forward to exploring their town and I hope they will explore Steelhead too. *downs her drink in one shot*

Amber_Palowakski said...

I've been to both Tombstones myself. The Tombstone in which Wraith Seryduk is the Mayor is much more friendly. Their Sheriff, Thaddeus Riel, is a gentleman as well.