Monday, June 4, 2007

Birthday's Always Bring Changes







Had decided to celebrate my RL birthday on the Grid. Actually, it was an early birthday celebration, as it fell on a weekday, and EVERYONE parties on the weekend. So, with permission for Kattrynn Severine, we had a special event on June 2 to celebrate my birthday.






First order of business was getting someone special to provide the music, and nobody was more qualified to do that than my sister, Angelica. Then there came the theme to the event. Couldn't just do a birthday celebration, had to make it fun for everyone. The theme was Movies/Television. I sort of stayed in the western motif.....in a round about way....by dressing as Mal Reynolds from "Firefly" and later "Serenity". The final thing was a surprise for everyone. My brother-in-law, and keeper to Angelica's heart, Patrick Aderdeen sponsored the event, putting up the prize money for best dressed. It was double than what the residents were used to getting for winning an event. Edward Pearse won for best male for dressing up as a Ghostbuster, and Emilly Orr, who was dressed as Wednesday Addams, won for best female.













Edward Pearse as a Ghostbuster, Emilly Orr as Wednesday Addams, Christine McAllister as a ghost from Ghostbusters (I presume). Person in the back is a friend of Edward's, whose name eludes me at the moment







Addison Barrymore as a cheerleader from any given movie or television series featuring cheerleaders, think "Bring It On", and Finnian Fitzgerald as Spongebob SquarePants.












TotalLunar Eclipse and Tensai Hilra livin' it up, Matrix Style
Unfortunately, we were unable to get more photos, due to the terrible lag storm, so photos of Angelica and Patrick are unavailable. However, all is not lost. Angelica has agreed to return to Steelhead to provide the music for an event real soon. I think it's something that has all the residents thrilled, as they've had a great time.
As for presents, there was the motorized scooter that Edward and Christine gave me. Emilly gave me a fuzzball avatar (yes, an actual fuzzy ball). Angelica gave me all sorts of stuff from the rather humorous (Watermelon gun) to the awesome outfit (I'll post a pic in a later blog). From Tensai and Lunar....well, let's just say that I am able to protect Steelhead City much easier than before, a present that all felt was well deserved. From Katt, undying gratitude for all that I have done to help Steelhead City out, which is something that makes all the other gifts pale by comparison.
In other changes, Allied Tombstone is slowly getting on their feet, with alot of help from Lunar. Tonight, Finnian Fitzgerald accepted the position as Steelhead Ambassador to Tombstone.
There are changes being made for the events. How they'll be advertised, run, hosted. Patrick sponsoring my birthday event was just a taste of what we had been planning. Even decisions on the theme of the events will be going through a change.
Changes are a coming to Steelhead, and I'm liking these changes.

1 comment:

Emilly Orr said...

The small one is the delightful Miss Elda Luna, steampunk inventor and endlessly curious explorer-at-large.

She's a kick.