Sunday, July 15, 2007

Out Of Character Post.....

But, it's kind of related to Second Life. In December, New Line Cinema will be releasing a film called "The Golden Compass", that's the US title, I think in the UK, it's going by the title of the book in which the film is based, "The Northern Lights". It takes place in a parallel universe, where a person's soul lives outside their body in a form of an animal spirit, called a "daemon". However, the reason I'm mentioning it in this blog, watching the trailer, I can't help but think of Caledon, Steelhead City, and other similar places in Second Life.

I know I'm planning on seeing the film the weekend it's released, and I'm sure that other residents who make their home in Caledon, New Babbage, and Steelhead City, among others, will be watching this film as well. There may be even some new vehicles introduced into Second Life, based off of the ones featured in the film. I know a carriage I saw in the trailer would be one of those things Caledonians will want in their inventory.

Check out the film's website: http://www.goldencompassmovie.com/

4 comments:

Hotspur O'Toole said...

I've been awaiting this one with baited breath. I've read the source books at least three times.

Fuzzball Ortega said...

I'll have to track those down. Looks like it'd be a good read.

Hotspur O'Toole said...

The books are a wonderful read.. one of the most inventive settings I've read in years. You will likely find it in either F/SF or perhaps "juvenile" (I don't think it fits there, but since the protaganist is a 12 year old girl...)

I had a peek at the cast list.. there is a lot of talent on this one,a nd some fine character actors. That's no guarentee of success but it's a start.

Amber_Palowakski said...

I think when I have finsihed the "Sword of Truth" series (for the third straight read ... all twelve books), I shall look into this series.