Sunday, June 17, 2007

My apologies for lack of pics. Seems my camera doesn't do too well on The Grid. My thanks to my sister, Angelica, for providing the pics from Saturday's events.



Friday evening was the Hand Fasting of Christine McAllister and Edward Pearse. Although I was invited to the ceremony, I stayed in Steelhead to prepare the music for the reception. To find pics to the ceremony, try other resident's blogs, links to the left of you, Hotspur O'Toole has a slideshow prepared. Their ceremony was small, only a select few were invited, the reception, however.....everybody who was anybody in Caledon and Steelhead City attended. I was told by a few friends that I had impressed the Caledonians with the music provided....perhaps I may be asked to play for them one day.....perhaps not, one never knows. (Many of them seem to be wary of werewolves, what with one running around causing chaos.....and NO, it's not me)



Other than the joining of Christine and Edward, the highlight of the evening was the unveiling of Steelhead City's new Hotel/Ballroom, built by TotalLunar Eclipse. Lunar also built my new home, since I needed to have a place of Angelica and Patrick to stay when they come to visit, but this new hotel is an absolute marvel. I have not seen anything like it in Caledon or either Tombstone.



Saturday night, was our weekly event, I chose Pirates as the theme to the event. Tensai Hilra built the party boat, in a very short time, too.














Me, at my usual post, providing the music




A somewhat decent shot of Angelica, and a great shot of the back of Patrick's head. Also, behind Angelica is Miss Katt and Lunar's hair.



Furry Pirates pulled up along side of us and partied with us, too.





There were cannons aimed at Katt's house on Lighthouse Island.....I thought she was fond of that house?



Aimed at the saloon, too.



Due to certain steam powered complications, Qlippothic Projects was unable to arrive on time to start the event. Emilly Orr filled in for her. When Qli did arrive, Emilly offered to give her the hosting duties, but Qli declined. She had already decided not to reapply as Steelhead Host due to personal issues, and I suppose wanted Emilly to get some practice in....since Miss Orr was one of the applicants, as well as a favorite amongst the citizens. Our only concern, can Emilly handle running the Taiyou, dance at another place on the grid, and Lord knows what else, AND handle hosting duties for Steelhead, including advertising, announcing, talking with sponsors, etc.....I'm hoping she can, she's a joy to work with during these events.



Oh yes, one more thing.......I know that there have been many a person who have wanted to come between my sister and her husband. Well, there are two things one must remember. Firstly, such a thing would hurt Angelica immensly, and I don't like to see my sister hurt. The second thing........

.......ain't no damn way in all of Creation that you can come close to giving her what she's already got. Besides, Patrick's an ok guy. Family's approved him........Uncle Lonnie humped his leg, so you know he's well liked.

1 comment:

Emilly Orr said...

...I suppose wanted Emilly to get some practice in....since Miss Orr was one of the applicants, as well as a favorite amongst the citizens.

:blinks:

I am?

:blushes:

Our only concern, can Emilly handle running the Taiyou, dance at another place on the grid, and Lord knows what else, AND handle hosting duties for Steelhead...

I admit, that's somewhat my concern, too. Toss in building clothes and jewelry and a somewhat frenetic social life, and things do get hectic. We'll see how it goes...

...though who knows who'll actually get the hosting job? There have been, as far as I'd been given to understand, other well-qualified applicants, so we'll see.

Thank you, though, I had no idea. I'm glad Steelhead thinks well of me; I'm quite fond of Steelhead, too.